The WordPress Glasgow Meetup community is made of diverse individuals from all walks of life.
We want everybody attending a WordPress Glasgow event to help us make it a space that is welcoming and respectful to all
We ask that all members of the community treat each other with respect and are well-mannered in their interactions with one another, in person or online.
This is our code of conduct:
The WordPress Glasgow
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behaviour as well as the consequences for unacceptable behaviour.
We invite all sponsors, volunteers, speakers, attendees, and other participants to follow these guidelines.
2. Expected Behaviour
We expect people to:
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behaviour and speech.
- Be mindful of their surroundings and of their fellow participants.
- Alert community organisers, as soon as possible, if they notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
3. Unacceptable Behaviour
Unacceptable behaviour includes intimidation, harassment, abuse, discrimination, derogatory or demeaning conduct against any participant or general member of the public sharing the same venue.
- offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability;
- inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides);
- deliberate intimidation, stalking or following;
- sustained disruption of talks or other events;
- photography or recording not agreed with the other parties;
- inappropriate physical contact and unwelcome sexual attention.
4. Consequences Of Unacceptable Behaviour
Anyone asked to stop any behaviour deemed unacceptable is expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in unacceptable behaviour, the community organisers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the event without warning or refund.
5. What To Do If You Witness Or Are Subject To Unacceptable Behaviour
If you are subject to unacceptable behaviour, notice that someone else is being subject to unacceptable behaviour, or have any other concerns, please notify a community organiser as soon as possible.
The WordPress Glasgow Meetup team will be available to help participants contact venue security, to provide escorts, or to otherwise assist those experiencing unacceptable behaviour to feel safe for the duration of community activities. Any community member can connect you with a community organiser.
6. Contact Information
If you have any queries or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. License And Attribution